Sunday, February 1, 2009

That 13-0 Season

The football madness this weekend really made me miss the perfect season.. Those Utes..

I love the Utes. I really do! I didn't miss a single game this year (or last year..(or the year before)) I have found my favorite thing on campus - The Student Alumni Board. Nothing has made me love The University of Utah or Utah football more. I sat on row 2 this year and lost my voice after every game.. Good thing I wasn't singing the next morning.. (I planned that better this year).

The season opener at Michigan was tough for me.. My Michigan ties were pulling me towards the blue and yellow.. Luckily I bleed red and stayed true. Final score? 23-25 Utah. WOO! The season held some close calls and some exciting moments. The finale at New Orleans was absolutely breathtaking. I watched the game at Cameron's parents house with the whole gang and it was intense. The die-hard's (Me, Cam and A2B2), were all decked out in the Utah gear. I distinctly remember Cam saying "I had to wear my 2008 MUSS shirt! We've never lost when I've worn this shirt." And so it goes. (Almost a bit of Kurt Vonnegut but not..) There was some pacing, yelling, jumping and lots of hugging.. all in the first quarter. The following three quarters didn't let us down. Coach of the year? ... my..foot..

Football has been a deal breaker for my college life. I've been in the MUSS since year one (row 52 baby!) and wouldn't trade it for anything.


GO UTES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment