Saturday, October 15, 2011

Michigan

Michigan is like my home away from home. Sounds odd, but when we start driving around the familiar neighborhoods, there is something comforting about it. I grew up coming here several times every year and spending weeks with family and friends, making it feel like home.

Michigan in the fall is BEAUTIFUL! Yes, it may be a bit "gloomier" than a Utah fall with more clouds and more rain, but Michigan also has more trees and lakes which make up for it. The leaves turning here are picture perfect (I would photograph them, but it's raining currently). Lake life in itself makes up for just about anything. How beautiful to have a constant view through yellow and red leaves at a peaceful lake - truly, there's nothing like it.

My family and I are here this weekend for a close family friend's wedding. It's like a mirror of last year when we came for another October Michigan wedding. Who doesn't love a fall wedding? Since I was a little girl, old enough to actually think about my own wedding, I decided I too wanted a fall wedding. I was asked if next October it would be my turn? I said.... probably not. Sweet Tony will pick the timeline :)

Last night we had the rehearsal dinner and it was SO MUCH FUN! The bride and her mom own a catering company and so the food was fabulous. We spent a lot of time catching up and eating, then after the family announcements and stories, the group broke up into "game time". Really it was a riot. They had a separate room full of tables for games as well as a pre-bracketed euchre tournament! What Michigan family wasn't thrilled?

Truly, nothing beats weekends filed with family, friends, excitement and LOVE.

I'll post pics eventually!


1 comment:

  1. I want to see pictures and I can't WAIT for you to be back home! I'm glad it was a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete